The Arlo camera is a 100 Percent Wire-Free, completely wireless, HD smart home security camera – so you can get exactly the shot you need – inside or out. The Arlo camera is weather-resistant and includes motion detection, night vision, and apps. It can capture clips and send you alerts whether you’re at home or away for round-the-clock peace of mind. With an Arlo system, you'll have everything you need to get started. Just connect the base station to your WiFi router, sync your cameras, fire up the free Arlo app, and you’re done in minutes. Make sure to upgrade your service plan and add more cameras to make the most out of your system.
● See in stunning detail with HD cameras
● Wire-Free design for easy placement anywhere
● Night vision cameras work even in the dark
● Motion activated cameras and real-time email or app notifications
● Records and alerts only when motion is detected so no battery power ever goes wasted
● Indoor/ outdoor weatherproof cameras
● App to securely view live video while home or away
1. Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately)
2. Patented 100 percent Wire Free design for easy placement anywhere
3. Night vision cameras work even in the dark
4. Motion activated cameras w/ Email or App notifications : Records and alerts only when motion is detected with 7 days of free rolling cloud storage
5. Indoor/outdoor weather resistant cameras. Battery life: 4 to 6 months, battery lithium
6. This is the standard Arlo camera, and the Arlo Pro is a separate product
7. Works with Amazon Alexa/Echo Show/Fire TV/Google Assistant : View your live video with a simple voice command. Works with IFTTT, Samsung SmartThings, and more.Wireless range:300+ feet line of sight
8. Arlo Smart adds powerful intelligence to your Arlo cameras. Customize alerts to detect people, specific zones, and contact emergency responders right from your smartphone’s lock screen (optional service, includes 1 month trial)
● 100% Wire-Free
● HD Video
● Night Vision
● Motion Alerts
● Free App & Cloud Storage
How do I position my Arlo Wire-Free camera?
Keep active locations in the camera's field of view. Your Arlo camera has a 110-degree viewing angle. Position your camera so that the space that you want to monitor is within the camera's field of view.
Elevate your camera. Mount your Arlo motion-detection camera at least 7 feet (2.1 meters) above the floor and aim it slightly downward for the best sensor performance. Ensure that side-to-side traffic crosses Arlo's field of view. Arlo's motion sensor is much more sensitive to side-to-side movement across its field of view than to movement directly toward or away from the camera. The best area for motion detection is 5 feet to 20 feet (1.5 to 6 meters) from the camera position.
How can I extend the range of my Arlo system?
Instead of connecting the Arlo base station directly to your router, you can connect the base station to an Ethernet port on a Wi-Fi range extender or Powerline adapter. This means you can put the Arlo base station farther away from the router or in a central location in your home to get better coverage with your Arlo cameras.
Does motion detection work through glass or windows?
Motion detection does not work through windows reliably. Arlo cameras use motion detection technology that is inhibited by glass, especially windows. Passive infrared, the type of motion detection used by Arlo Wire-Free cameras, detects changes in heat. Most glass used in homes today is insulated, limiting the movement of heat through the glass.
2.8 x 2.6 x 1.7 inches
Item model number
4 CR123A batteries required.