Amazon Echo is a hands-free speaker you control with your voice. echo connects to the Alexa Voice Services to play music, ask questions, make calls, send and receive messages, provide information, news, sports scores, weather and more - instantly. All you have to do is ask. Echo has an enhanced speaker that now features Dolby processing for improved immersive sound. It has seven microphones and beam-forming technology so it can hear you from across the room - even while the music is playing. When you want to use Echo, just say the word "Alexa" and Echo responds instantly.
The second generation Echo is a dual-band Wi-Fi, voice-controlled speaker that connects to the Alexa Voice Service. Equipped with a 63.5 mm woofer and 16 mm Dolby twitter, it delivers dynamic bass and crisp, full sound throughout the entire room. However, Echo (2nd Generation) does much more – everything from hands-free calling and messaging to voice control virtually the entire home, as it works with various home appliances and devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, ecobee, and Wink. The speaker’s cylinder-shaped body is covered with a sandstone fabric and has dimensions of 148 x 88 x 88 mm.
● Echo connects to Alexa—a cloud-based voice service—to play music, make calls, set alarms and timers, ask questions, check your calendar, weather, traffic, and sports scores, manage to-do and shopping lists, control smart home devices, and more—instantly.
● Just ask for a song, artist, or genre from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Deezer, and more. With multi-room music, you can play music on compatible Echo devices in different rooms.
● Connect with others - Call or message almost anyone hands-free with your Echo device. Also, instantly connect to other Echo devices in your home using just your voice.
● Powerful speakers with Dolby processing fill the room with immersive, 360° omnidirectional audio, and deliver crisp vocals and dynamic bass response
● Ready to help - Echo hears you from any direction - even while music is playing. You can press the microphone off button to electronically disconnect the microphones.
● Just ask Alexa to control your compatible smart lights, thermostats, locks, and more
● Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new features and skills. Just ask Alexa to control your TV, check flight status, and more.
Voice control your music
Echo has a 63.5 mm down-firing woofer and 16 mm tweeter powered by Dolby to deliver crisp vocals and dynamic bass throughout the room. You can play music from Prime Music, Spotify, Radioplayer and more. With Prime Music, you can search by time-period, or let Alexa pick the music for you. You can also listen to Audible audiobooks, podcasts, local radio stations, news briefs, and more.
Alexa, play music everywhere
Want to play music on an Echo in another room? Now with multi-room music, you can tell Alexa to play across your compatible Echo devices. Tell Alexa to play jazz in the kitchen, top pop in the family room, or play the same song throughout your whole home.
Voice control your home
Use Echo to switch on the lamp before getting out of bed, turn on the coffee maker on your way to the kitchen, or dim the lights from the couch to watch a movie—all without lifting a finger.
Control multiple devices at scheduled times or with a single voice command, like locking the doors and turning off the lights when you go to bed. Echo works with lights, locks, switches, thermostats, and more from WeMo, Philips Hue, ecobee, and Wink.
Hands-free calling and messaging
With Echo, you can talk to almost anyone hands-free—no tapping or searching required. Your contacts will see your number when they receive the call so they know who is calling. Additionally, you can send messages via voice or text to anyone with a supported Echo device or the Alexa App. With the Drop In feature enabled for room-to-room calling, instantly connect with compatible Echo devices in your home. Let your household know when dinner is ready, ask someone for help with a chore, or remind the kids to go to sleep—without having to raise your voice.
Far-field voice recognition
Tucked under the light ring is an array of seven microphones that use beamforming technology and enhanced noise cancellation. When you want to use Echo, simply say the word, “Alexa,” and Echo lights up and connects to the cloud, where the Alexa Voice Service recognizes and responds to your request instantly.
Alexa has skills
Echo uses thousands of skills and counting. Ask about your daily commute, control your lights, check your flight status, find the nearest financial branch, and more. To enable new skills, just ask Alexa. New skills are being added all the time. You can also see ratings and reviews to learn what other customers are saying about the thousands of skills available in the Alexa App.
Always getting smarter
Alexa is always getting smarter—the more you use Echo, the more Alexa adapts to your speech patterns, vocabulary, and personal preferences. And because Echo is always connected, updates are delivered automatically.
148 mm x 88 mm x 88 mm
821 grams Actual size and weight may vary by manufacturing process
Dual-band Wi-Fi supports 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 and 5 GHz) networks.
63.5 mm woofer and 16 mm tweeter
Product Parts Warranty:
1 Year Limited